COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - The Colleton County Fire and Rescue was called a to house fire early Friday morning on Mount Carmel Road in Smoaks.
According to fire officials they got the call at around 3:24 a.m.
When firefighters arrived at the scene they could see heavy smoke and flames coming from the double wide trailer. Firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading, but much of the home was already damaged.
The family of three including a child told firefighters that they were awakened by their smoke detectors in the home. No one was injured.
Authorities say the fire was started by in a clothes dryer.