Fire breaks out on 8th floor of MUSC

A fire broke out Saturday evening in the main hospital building of MUSC in downtown Charleston.

According to the Charleston Fire Department, the fire started in a patient's room on the 8th floor around 6:32 p.m. The fire activated the sprinkler system, which was able to contain the fire in that room.

The fire was put out and no one was injured in the incident.

The hospital did not have to be evacuated, but everyone was placed in a stable location.

Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.