Online advertising file and format specifications. The specifications below follow the IAB guidelines for all similar ad sizes.
Flash Ad Requirements
Versions - up through Flash 10
For Flash creative to click through properly in our ad serving system, clients must insert the "clickTAG" variable into the .fla file so that performance can be properly tracked. Targets for clickthrough must be set to _blank to open in a new window.
More information about clickTag can be found on Adobe's website: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/using/WSd60f23110762d6b883b18f10cb1fe1af6-7b29a.html
Example code: (please note preferred structure of clickTAG with case of letters as indicated)
For ActionScript 2:
Additional Flash file items:
- Backup jpg/gif should be submitted
- Frame rate best at 18fps or higher
Expandable Banners (User-initiated)
*Expand/Close Buttons must be included in 980x30 and 980x300 Pencil Ad creative. A Flash template can be provided upon request.
Expandable Banners can also be accepted for the following ad unit dimensions: 300x250 and 728x90.
- Must use Approved 3rd party rich media vendor (see below)
- Ad code creative must reference our iframe breakout file
- Method of expansion and un-expansion must be on click
- Required method of expansion is onclick - click to open/expand
- Pencil Expand/Close Buttons must be labeled in no smaller than 10px font in contrasting color
- Pencil Expand/Close Buttons must be included in the creative
- Pencil Expand Button location must be right side of collapsed creative
- Pencil Close Button location must be lower right corner of expanding creative
728x90 expands to 728x300 (expands down only); Polite file load - 80k
300x250 expands to 500x500 (expands left and down only); Polite file load - 80k
Approved Third Party Rich Media Vendors (Third Party Servers):
Other Ad Creative Guidelines
- Animation/Looping should be limited to a maximum of 3 with each loop not exceeding 15 seconds
- Ads may not contain persistent rapid/strobing animation
- Creative on a white background must contain a 1 px black border
- All rich media must be submitted 72 hours prior to campaign start to allow for testing