MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (WCSC) - Mount Pleasant officials say there will be a number of overnight closures for Highway 17, starting Tuesday night.
Officials say the closures are necessary to continue setting girders for the new Hungryneck/I-526 bridge over US 17. In the case of severe weather, these ramp closures could carry over to next weekend.
All northbound and southbound lanes will be closed.
The closure times and dates are:
- 11:30 pm on Tuesday, May 15 to 5 am on Wednesday, May 16
- 11:30 pm on Wednesday, May 16 to 5 am on Thursday, May 17
- 11:30 pm on Thursday, May 17 to 5 am on Friday, May 18
- 10:30 pm on Friday, May 19 to 7:30 am on Saturday, May 20
- 10:30 pm on Saturday, May 20 to 9 am on Sunday, May 21
US 17 northbound traffic can follow detour signs to Bowman Road, just before the new Johnnie Dodds/Bowman Road overpass, take a left onto Bowman Road, continue onto Mathis Ferry Road, and follow Mathis Ferry Road north to US 17.