Quantcast

Man flown to burn center after hot liquid spill - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Man flown to burn center after hot liquid spill

Emergency crews respond to a burn victim Saturday. (Source: Colleton County Fire and Rescue) Emergency crews respond to a burn victim Saturday. (Source: Colleton County Fire and Rescue)
COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -

A 36-year-old Lodge man suffered first and second degree burns on the lower half of his body Saturday after a hot liquid accidentally fell on him while cooking at his home.

According to Colleton County Fire and Rescue officials, the incident happened just before 6:30 p.m. Saturday. The burns were caused by a common cooking accident.

The man was treated at the scene and then transported by helicopter to the Augusta, Ga. Burn Center.

Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly