CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Nighttime lane closures will begin tonight for Bees Ferry Road as crews continue to widen the heavily used stretch of road.
Charleston County Government announced the road will be closed to nightly traffic July 27 through August 3 for the Bees Ferry Road Widening Project.
According to a release, workers will be performing the following paving operations:
- Bees Ferry Road from Sanders Road to Grand Oaks Boulevard, lane closure Friday, July 27 through Saturday, July 28 from 10 p.m. - 9 a.m.
- Bees Ferry Road from Sanders Road to Grand Oaks Boulevard, lane closure Tuesday, July 31 through Thursday, August 2 between the hours of 8 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Workers will direct traffic through the closure.
- Signs will be installed to warn motorists of uneven pavement.
- All road work is dependent on weather. If the weather is poor this week, work will continue on the next weather-permitting night (other than a Friday or Saturday).
Drivers who are traveling through the construction zone are reminded to be aware of equipment and crews working in the area, and to obey traffic signs.
Construction on the entire 4.5 miles length of Bees Ferry Road should be completed by April of 2014.