Quantcast

Cooking oil sparks house fire, displaces 4 - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Cooking oil sparks house fire, displaces 4

MONCKS CORNER, SC (WCSC) -

A Moncks Corner family has been told they cannot return to their home after a fire began in their kitchen yesterday.

Macedonia Rural Fire Department responded to a fire Tuesday at a home on Moosehorn Lane in Moncks Corner. Officials say cooking oil on the stove ignited the fire, which spread throughout the kitchen and through an adjoining bedroom wall.

The home belongs to a family of four, including two children. The Red Cross has provided assistance to the family, who are not allowed to return to the home yet.

Chief Deputy Brandon Munn with the Macedonia Rural Fire Department said one firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion after battling the blaze, but was okay last night.

No other injuries were reported.

Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly