CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - A number of downtown colleges have canceled classes as rain continues to cause flooding throughout the Lowcountry.
Heavy rain has resulted in flooding in several parts of Charleston, with downtown experiencing the brunt of the storm.
High tide is projected to be at 6:35 p.m., causing the following schools to close early.
- The Citadel - All classes after 4 p.m. canceled.
- The Art Institute of Charleston - All classes canceled.
- Charleston School of Law - All classes and activities after 5 p.m. canceled.
All colleges are scheduled to begin classes at normal times Wednesday.
A couple other places are also closing early this evening due to the weather:
- Charleston Baptist Preschool Open House - Postponed. Moved to August 30 at 6:30pm.
- Charleston County Public Libraries - Closing at 5 p.m.
- The Citadel volleyball team's "Meet the Bulldogs" - rescheduled to August 29 at 6pm.