Officials: Faulty heat lamp started Bojangles' fire in Goose Creek

Smoke rises from Bojangles'. (Source: Lowcountryfirenews.com)
Smoke rises from Bojangles'. (Source: Lowcountryfirenews.com)
Crews on scene. (Source: Lowcountryfirenews.com)
Crews on scene. (Source: Lowcountryfirenews.com)
Firefighters walk inside. (Source: Lowcountryfirenews.com)
Firefighters walk inside. (Source: Lowcountryfirenews.com)

GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC) - Goose Creek fire officials say the blaze at Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits early Wednesday morning was caused by a faulty heat lamp.

Firefighters responded to the restaurant at 431-A St. James Avenue just after an alarm sounded around 6 a.m. 

Crews arrived on scene to find heavy smoke emitting from the building.  It was quickly brought under control.

Officials say there was major damage inside, but the building should be repairable.

The restaurant is expected to be closed for "a while" while clean up is taken care of, officials added.

Copyright 2012 WCSC.  All rights reserved.