Live 5 News / Boone Hall Corn Maze Text-2-Win Trivia
Below is a list of trivia questions from the Boone Hall Plantation Corn Maze. To enter, text the keyword that corresponds with the question. You will then receive the question and list of answers via text. Respond with the letter next to the correct answer and you could win a Live 5 prize pack!
1. "WCSC" stands for "__________ Charleston, South Carolina" (Text WCSC to 56373)
2. What makes Live 5 Traffic Tracker unique? (Text traffic to 56373)
A. Live Real-Time Traffic Maps
B. Live Drive Times
C. Both of these.
3. The first words spoken on Live 5 WCSC were "Channel 5 ______." (Text first to 56373)
A. ...is now alive.
B. ...is ready to thrive.
C. ...will always strive.
4. The longest-running national program on Live 5 WCSC is: (Text longest to 56373)
A. "The CBS Evening News"
B. "Face the Nation"
C. "The Price is Right"
5. The highest-rated CBS show when Live 5 WCSC signed on was: (Text rated to 56373)
A. "Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts"
B. "The Ed Sullivan Show"
C. "I Love Lucy"
6. Live 5 WCSC's second channel is called "Live 5 _______" (Text second to 56373)
7. The first movie shown on Live 5's third channel, BOUNCE CHARLESTON, was: (Text bounce to 56373)
A. "To Kill A Mockingbird"
C. "The Wiz"
8. The weekly Friday evening high school football wrap-up on Live 5 News is called: (Text football to 56373)
A. "Friday Night Lights"
B. "Football Friday Fever"
C. "Pigskin Friday Night"
9. Live 5 WCSC is:
A. The oldest-continuously operating station in SC (Text station to 56373)
B. The second station to ever sign on in SC
C. Both A & B
10. On February 3, 2013, Live 5 WCSC will carry which sporting event live? (Text sports to 56373)
A. The Olympic Winter Games
B. Super Bowl XLVII
C. World Series Championship
How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter this promotion. 10 trivia questions and keywords are posted throughout the Corn Maze at Boone Hall Plantation. Entrants can text the keyword on the signs to shortcode 56376. They will receive in return multiple choice answers to the corresponding trivia question. Entrants must then reply to text with their answer. Each correct answer will be entered in random drawing. Contest dates are Monday October 1, 2012 through Wednesday October 31, 2012. All entries must be received by 11:59PM on Wednesday October 31, 2012. All ten (10) trivia questions and keywords are also available at the conclusion of these rules. One entry will be accepted per phone number for each trivia question. Standard data and texting rates apply. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsors reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion, and Sponsors reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WCSC-TV 5 may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WCSC-TV 5 may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. WCSC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
- Prizes. There are a total of ten (10) prizes. Each prize is a Live 5 Prize Pack. Approximate value of Live 5 Prize Pack not to exceed $25 (twenty-five dollars).
- No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. No prize can be auctioned or sold. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. One winner will be randomly drawn from each of the ten (10) questions' correct entries. A total of ten (10) winners will be drawn. Winner will be notified by text message if and when they are a winner. Winners can pick up their prize during regular business hours at WCSC-TV5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414. Prizes will not be mailed.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the prize depends on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license with current address or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility. Winner must take possession of his or her prize before 5pm on December 1, 2012 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC-TV 5 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV 5 if WCSC-TV 5 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WCSC-TV 5, and all other Sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
Limitation on Liability: By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
Sponsors' Reservation of Rights: These official rules are subject to modification by WCSC-TV 5. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WCSC-TV 5 are final and binding. Sponsors reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsors' web site or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).