CHARLESTON, SC - A meeting to discuss construction at the intersection of Sam Rittenberg Blvd. and Ashley River Rd. with the public is scheduled for October 18.
A public meeting for the SC-7/SC-61 Intersection Improvements Project will be held Thursday, Oct. 18 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Jewish Community Center. The drop-in style meeting will feature engineering and right of way personnel who will be available to answer questions.
The following improvements are included in the project:
- Construction of an additional left turn lane on the northbound SC-61 approach (coming from Wappoo Road toward Sam Rittenberg Boulevard).
- Construction of an additional left turn lane on the southbound SC-61 approach (coming from Wallace School Road toward Sam Rittenberg Boulevard).
- Extension of the southbound right turn lane on SC-7 (coming from Wappoo Road toward SC-61).
- Lane width modifications to provide 11-foot thru lanes and 14-foot outside, shared-use lanes on SC-61 within the project limits.
- Driveway modifications within the project limits.
- Traffic signal timing improvements to the intersections within the project limits.
There will also be displays of the proposed design for the project.
Those who attend the public meeting can submit comment forms in person. If you cannot attend the meeting, you can get comment form online by clicking here.