Public input wanted on reconstruction of Folly Beach County Park

FOLLY BEACH, SC (WCSC) - State environmental officials want your input on a plan to dredge sand from the Folly River and use it to rebuild the Folly Beach County Park.

The park has been closed since August of last year when Hurricane Irene caused major erosion at the beach.

The Charleston County Parks and Recreation Commission has applied for a permit from the Ocean Coastal Resource Management Office and Army Corps of Engineers for the dredging project and to build a barrier to trap sand from being washed away.

You can get a copy of the permit application from the Department of Health and Environmental Control and you can send your opinions on the project to the Army Corps of Engineers until Oct. 28.

You can view the permit application here.

Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.