CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The Charleston Police Department has charged a convicted sex offender for the fourth time on sexual assault charges.
Investigators charged 47-year-old Nathaniel Michael Wilson. He is accused of choking and sexually assaulting a 53-year-old woman this past summer.
On July 22, 2012, officers responded to an apartment on Hanover Street in reference to a sexual assault. The victim said she invited the suspect to her apartment where they were going to "drink some beers."
A police report states that when the woman was leaving her bathroom, the suspect grabbed her by the neck and took out a knife. The victim said the suspect began to choke her and told her to remove her top.
According to police, the suspect then threw the victim on the bed and sexually assaulted her.
In October, Wilson was served with a warrant for another sexual assault. On July 20, the victim was talking to a group of people near King and Huger streets when she was approached by the suspect, according to police.
Police say the suspect asked the 43-year-old victim if she wanted beer and she said yes. A police report says the suspect then led her to an abandoned house on Line Street where he sexually assaulted her.
A police report states that the suspect said he would killer her by breaking her neck if the victim did not comply. Authorities say the victim fought the suspect and escaped by falling out a window that was 8 to 10 feet off the ground.
The victim said she then ran down Line Street in the nude and waved down a trucker for help.
Last month, police arrested Wilson for an April 28 incident where authorities say he attempted to sexually assault another woman in downtown.
A press release states the victim was approached from behind by Wilson, who grabbed her around the neck and choked her until she was unconscious. The victim regained consciousness, fought off the suspect and ran towards King Street.
Police say Wilson chased after her, shoved her to the ground and began kicking her. The victim fought him off again and ran toward King Street, where she was assisted by a passing motorist.
Wilson was first arrested in early August after police say he abducted a woman outside of an upper King Street bar before taking her to Hampton Park and the Septima Clark Expressway, where he assaulted her in both locations.