NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - North Charleston Fire Department responded to two separate reported fires Wednesday morning, one involving a resident who was cooking.
Authorities say a mobile home in the 2900 block of North Oakridge Circle received damage from a grease fire that started while a resident was cooking around 8 a.m. Wednesday morning.
According to a report, the fire spread into the attic of the mobile home. The fire was quickly extinguished.
No injuries were reported.
Authorities say firefighters were also called to an apartment complex in the 7600 block of Hunter's Ridge Lane at 7:47 a.m. An electrical short in a closet caused a small amount of damage.
Officials say firefighters helped clear smoke from the apartment. There were no injuries.
The North Charleston Fire Department is reminding families to keep an eye on food while it is cooking, as unattended cooking is the most common cause of fire in the country. Additionally, water or other liquids should never be used to put out a grease fire.