Flames destroy Lodge garage

COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - Flames ripped through a large garage in Lodge Sunday afternoon, destroying a motor home and a boat, authorities say.

Colleton County Fire & Rescue officials responded to the 50x30 free-standing garage located at 5526 Moselle Road just around 1 p.m. after a neighbor reported flames.

When firefighters arrived several minutes later, the roof had already collapsed, and the fire had spread to the yard, burning about half an acre and setting a pickup truck on fire, officials said.

The flames were extinguished in about 20 minutes.

A motor home, boat, several trailers, equipment, and tools were destroyed in the fire, as was the garage.

No homes were damaged in the blaze, nor were any injuries reported.

Officials say the fire appeared to be started by an electrical problem.

Copyright 2012 WCSC.  All rights reserved.