Quantcast

Firefighters rescue dog from kitchen fire in Colleton County - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters rescue dog from kitchen fire in Colleton County

Posted: Updated:
COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -

A small dog was rescued by firefighters on Wednesday morning following a kitchen fire in Colleton County.

Colleton County Fire and Rescue responded to a home on Meadowlake Drive at 7:25 a.m. on January 2. Officials say smoke was rolling out of the mobile home's windows when they arrived, and flames could be seen coming out of a vent near the kitchen.

According to a report, firefighters were advised a small dog was still in the house.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire in the kitchen, where it was extinguished. Officials say the fire appeared to have started in the area of a countertop appliance.

After searching the home for 10 minutes, officials say they found the dog hiding under a bed in the master bedroom. The dog did not appear to have suffered any injuries.

The report states the kitchen received substantial damage, and the American Red Cross is providing assistance to the man who was living in the home. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow