GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC) - Nine people are safe after a fire broke out at a house in Goose Creek early Wednesday morning, but the family's dog was not so lucky.
According to Goose Creek Rural Fire Department Assistant Chief Bob Maibach, five adults and four children were inside when the fire started around 3:30 a.m. on Elrod Drive, a few miles from Highway 52.
Firefighters say it appears the fire was electrical and started in the kitchen, near the stove.
The flames were contained to the kitchen but other parts of the house have heavy smoke and water damage.
The Red Cross has been called out to help the family.