Crews repair minor gas leak at Cane Bay High School

SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCSC) - Authorities say a minor gas leak in one of the hallways at Cane Bay High School was repaired Friday morning.

According to Berkeley County School District spokesperson Susan Haire, fire officials responded to the school around 10 a.m. after receiving reports of a gas smell in the hallway.

Maintenance officials and SCE&G crews responded to the scene and repaired the faulty valve, according to Haire.  SCE&G officials said it appeared valves in the chemistry lab had been left on.

Haire said students were moved out of that part of the building as a precaution while crews worked to seal the leak.

Copyright 2013 WCSC.  All rights reserved.