CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - MUSC is kicking off the month of March by encouraging the public to pick up healthy eating styles that work with their lifestyle and culture.
March's National Nutrition Month theme is "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day". MUSC Urban Farm will hold an event Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. to help people discover how easy it can be to eat healthy.
A number of discussions, demonstrations and interactive activities are scheduled to take place throughout the day at the Urban Farm:
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Eat Right, Your Way, Everyday with Mary Basel, Clinical Nutrition Manager.
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Cooking demo: "Preparing it Your Way" with Executive Chef Brett Cunningham.
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Bees – positive for your garden with Jake Schubert, MUSC Student and Farm Team Representative.
- 1:00 p.m. -1:30 p.m. Beneficial Borage: more than an herb plus seed giveaway with Mary Helpern, Urban Farm.
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Urban chickens and "the incredible egg" with Chris Clark, MUSC Student and Farm Team Representative and Sara Hendrix, RD.
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Children's Event – Snack and Garden-to-go Activity with dietetic intern Meghan Marr.
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. "Deceptively Delicious": Maximize the nutrition content in foods with Debbie Petitpain, RD.
This event is free and open to the public. The MUSC Urban Farm is located at 29 Bee Street in downtown Charleston.