MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC) - The Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital Breast Care Center will host an evening of free breast screenings and grant-sponsored mammograms on Mar. 20.
Forty appointments will be available as part of the Mammograms in March event, a community outreach event sponsored by Roper St. Francis Cancer Care and the Lowcountry Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
The event is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., in the medical office building at Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital. The facility is located at 3500 U.S. Highway 17 North.
There is no charge for parking.
Registration is required for attendance. Call (843) 402-CARE (2273) to register and find out more.
Board certified doctors who will perform clinical breast examinations include Steve Akman, MD, medical director of Roper St. Francis Cancer Care and Jennifer Beatty, MD, of The Breast Place. Sherry Folse, MD, Roper Radiologists will conduct mammograms along with other medical professionals are donating their time and expertise.
Mammograms in March is one piece of a network of educational programs, medical services and patient support initiatives provided by Roper St. Francis Cancer Care in the areas of breast cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Other features include:
- Breast Cancer Survivor Coach Program & SASSY Support Group
- Breast Microsurgery
- Breast Nurse Navigator Program
- Board certified oncologists, radiologists and surgeons
- Chemotherapy Certified Nursing Staff
- Donna Fielding Cancer Wellness Institute
- The Healing Boutique at Roper St. Francis Cancer Center
- Lymphedema Management
- Mammography at Five Locations
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Nutrition-Based Prevention Classes
- Roper Hospital Breast Cancer Center of Excellence
- Sponsor of Komen Lowcountry Affiliate Race For The Cure; American Cancer Society Relay For Life