CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Joe Pasta has announced it will reopen on Friday, March 15, a little more than two weeks after a small fire forced the restaurant to close its doors.
The Charleston Fire Department was called to Joe Pasta on upper King Street on Tuesday, February 26 after a fire broke out in a first floor office.
Fire investigators determined the fire started in a clothes dryer in the office, where rags were being dried. The cause is related to the cleaning rags that were recently dried in the dryer.
"While the fire was a definite setback, it's just another bump in the road on Joe Pasta's long lasting journey. We're working hard to reopen bigger, better, stronger than ever," said Joe Pasta owner Harrison Edelson
The restaurant has been closed since the incident in order to repair the damage.