Hoops Frenzy Contest Rules
1. Contest Description. This contest is sponsored by WCSC, LLC P.O. 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston SC 29414 and Baystreet Biergarten 549 East Bay St. Charleston, Charleston, SC 29401 ("Sponsors"). The promotion begins at 8:00 PM March 16, 2014 and ends at 11:30 p.m. on April 7, 2014. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents living in the station's viewing area: Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester, Georgetown, Colleton and Williamsburg who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC, LLC, Kickin' Chicken, other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this contest. Only one entry per email address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning March 16, 2014, complete an entry form and fill out your bracket at live5news.com. Entrants must include all information as required on entry form. Entry constitutes an assignment to Sponsor of all intellectual property rights in the entry materials, if any. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners' names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for online posting, and/or any advertising and publicity without additional compensation. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WCSC- TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WCSC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WCSC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) $250 gift certificate to Baystreet Biergarten valued at $250.00.
5. Making Your Selections
Players can make their selections by clicking on the icon located at the top left of the home page or by selecting "My Bracket" on the navigation bar. This will lead you to a page displaying the bracket for the contest. From this screen, players will make their selections. To make your team selections, simply click the team name to advance them to the next round. If you make a mistake, you can select the opposite team in the previous round or you can also choose the "clear picks" button and start over again. It's that easy. After you have completed the bracket, you must click the "Submit" button to confirm and store your bracket. Once you click the "Submit" button, your picks will display as stored.
Selecting Teams Close To The Deadline
Any player attempting to make team selections close to the deadline risks the chance of not getting in his/her changes on time. We are not responsible for late entries, server congestion, faulty Internet connections, etc., which may cause the changes to your picks to not be made.
Winning the Game
Each Local Media Partner determines the local winners. Please check your local rules to see if there are any additional rules from your Media Partner that will supersede these rules.
Players are ranked according to their cumulative point score. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins. The player with the highest number of cumulative points at the end of the season wins the grand prize. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entries, the winning entry will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:
Tiebreaker #1 - Closest To Total Points Scored In Final Game (Based On Absolute Value)
Tiebreaker #2 - Most Correct Picks For All Rounds
Tiebreaker #3 - Riskiest Upset Picks
Tiebreaker #4 - Random Drawing
Tiebreaker #3 calculation: Each bracket is evaluated using the exclusive risk assessor, which computes the risk of each chosen upset versus historical tournament results. The bracket that is deemed riskiest by this methodology wins this tiebreaker.
Any further ties are left as ties in the standings. The tie-breaking system below represents the default tiebreaking system. Each media partner can choose their own scoring and tie-breaking system. If they select their own tie-breaking system and/or scoring it will be added into the rules and clearly stated. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
Players are ranked according to their cumulative round score also. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins that particular round. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entries, the winning entry will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:
Tiebreaker #1 - Most Correct Picks In That Round
Tiebreaker #2 - Riskiest Upset Picks
Tiebreaker #3 - Random drawing
Tiebreaker #2 calculation: Each bracket is evaluated using the exclusive risk assessor, which computes the risk of each chosen upset versus historical tournament results. The bracket that is deemed riskiest by this methodology wins this tiebreaker.
In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration. Please check your local rules to see if the Media Partner's rules vary from these rules.
The Bracket Challenge is scored (by default) using the scoring chart below. Each media partner can choose their own scoring and tie-breaking system. If they select their own scoring it will be added into the rules and clearly stated.
|Round||Day||Total Games||Points/Game||Maximum Points|
|6 Rounds||63 Total Games||124 Possible Points|
Players are ranked on the Standings page. The winner of the Bracket Challenge for each media partner is determined by the highest point total after the completion of the final game of the tournament.
The contest operator will post the scores shortly after every day's games for each round, unless unforeseen complications arise. If you have a scoring dispute, please click on the support link in the navigation bar, and submit a request 24 hours prior to start of each round. Any disputes arriving after this time will not be addressed. All scores are final following the start of the next round. The contest operator reserves the right to deny any scoring inaccuracies at any time due to circumstances beyond our control. See our Terms & Conditions page. It is each player's responsibility to confirm their own selections. Players should verify their selections on the "My Bracket" page located on the blue navigation bar at the top of the home page.
Special Reserved Rights
Any player caught or suspected of system tampering, game interference or breaking our terms and conditions, may be removed without refund from our contest at any time and without notice. We also reserve the right to pursue legal and criminal action upon those member(s).
There is a great deal of strategy that goes into the bracket challenge game. Some players wish to select their favorite teams. Some players will want to pick the highest ranked teams to meet in the finals. There are many different strategies that have won. College Hoops is a great sport, so whatever your strategy, remember to have fun and enjoy the game.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. Prize Limitations: Only one (1) winner per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WCSC-sponsored competitions within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered. Winners must complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release at the station before child appears on air or they will be disqualified. Winners must show state of SC issued identification. If a winner does not return the Certification of Eligibility and Release within the designated time period, then that prize will not be awarded. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winners. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. The Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture state issued identification is required to claim a prize. The winners will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility at the station child appears on air or they will be disqualified.
Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV if WCSC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her child's name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WCSC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's child's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WCSC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WCSC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). WCSC-TV may discontinue the contest at any time for any reason.
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WCSC Marketing Dept. 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414 Attn: Hoops Frenzy between May 1, 2013 and May 31, 2014