BERKELEY COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - Berkeley County Water and Sanitation says heavy rains have caused a few minor sanitary sewer overflows in Berkeley County at five pump stations.
The following pump stations were affected:
• Bayshore Drive, Goose Creek
• Liberty Hall Road, Liberty Hall Plantation, Goose Creek
• Henry Brown Blvd, Between Redbank and Liberty Hall Road, Goose Creek
• Janice Street and Ryan's Drive, Ryan's Creek Subdivision, Goose Creek
• Red Bank Road and Marrington Avenue, Goose Creek
BCWS crews are working to correct the system and signs are being posted in the affected areas to notify residents of the overflow.
The Department of Health and Environmental Control officials have also been notified and the areas will be disinfected and deodorized.
Residents are asked to please avoid any standing water in these areas as a safety precaution.