The Department of Health and Environmental Control responded to the Charleston City Marina after a container filled with an acid base was discovered at a dumpster, according to the Charleston Fire Department.
City marina officials say the container was found under some bulk waste outside the dumpster area. According to officials, when a loader picked up the material, the container broke open and spilled the liquid.
HAZMAT and DHEC crews responded to the scene. Investigators say that the liquid in the container is made of an acid base.
Three people were transported to the hospital for precautionary reasons.