Cops: 1 hospitalized in N. Charleston house fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Cops: 1 hospitalized in N. Charleston house fire

North Charleston police say one person was taken to the hospital Friday morning following a house fire on Barnwell Avenue.

Firefighters from North Charleston and St. John's Fire Departments were called out to the 4200 block of Barnwell Ave. at 9:30 a.m. on Friday.

Officials say they arrived to find smoke coming from a single-wide mobile home. It took crews five minutes to put out the fire.

A resident in the home was taken to MUSC, officials say.

According to a release, the fire began on the stovetop while the resident was cooking, and spread through the kitchen. Smoke damage was reported throughout the home.

Copyright 2013 WCSC.  All rights reserved


Powered by Frankly