Two people escape mobile home fire in Jacksonboro

COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - Two people managed to escape a mobile home fire in Jacksonboro early Wednesday morning.

The Colleton County Fire Department says the call came in around 1:15 a.m. to the home on Campbell Hill Rd., just south of Highway 17.

When crews arrived, the home was covered in flames.

Eight units responded to the two-alarm fire, which took them about 30 minutes to put out.

They spent another hour and a half soaking the hot spots.

One person was taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation.

Fire investigators believe the flames may have started from an electrical problem in the attic.

The people in the house say they heard a loud noise and immediately ran out of the home.

The Red Cross has been called in to help the residents.

Copyright 2013 WCSC.  All rights reserved.