Fire damages North Charleston home

Fire damages North Charleston home

NORTH CHARLESTON (WCSC) - An investigation is underway to find out what sparked a house fire in North Charleston on Pinoca Lane, near Pepperhill Elementary.

The fire started around 4:45 a.m., Friday.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they saw light smoking coming from under the home.

Our photojournalist talked to the homeowner who says she believes the fire started in the back of the house near the chimney.

She says they had to tear away some of the chimney to get to the fire, but everyone made it out safely.

The Red Cross has stepped in to help the family.

Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.