WCSC-TV 5 Gas Giveaway OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored byWCSC-TV 5 2126 Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414 and The Pantry, Inc. 305Gregson Drive Cary, NC 27511 (Sponsors). The promotion begins at 6:00am Monday,August 19, 2013 and ends at 8:00am Friday, August 30, 2013. Promotion is voidwhere prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound bythese promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or winThis promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, who are18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Military personnel and theirspouses, who are stationed on a base in South Carolina but have not establishedpermanent South Carolina residency, are eligible to win, provided that theypresent a current valid military ID. Students 18 years of age or olderattending a South Carolina college or university who have not establishedpermanent South Carolina residency are eligible to win, provided that theypresent a current valid college or university ID. Employees and immediatefamily members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC-TV 5, and theirrespective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and theiradvertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.Winners cannot have won any contest on WCSC-TV 5 or live5news.com in the last30 days and can only win once in this contest. Only one entry per phone numberwill be accepted each day of contest.
How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion.Beginning Monday, August 19, 2013 until Friday, August 30, 2013, individualscan watch Live 5 News This Morning weekdays between 6:00am and 7:00am for thekeyword of the day and text the keyword to 84355. Entries must be received by8:00 am daily. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order toqualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete,illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theftor fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automatedmultiple entries are permitted. Sponsors is/are not responsible for lost, late,illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission,technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation,malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender orSponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail addresssubmitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorizedaccount holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail accountby the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organizationresponsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with suche-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he orshe is the authorized account holder of the phone number associated with awinning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit anymaterials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horsesor other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage,detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate anysystem, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage anyweb site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminaland civil laws, and Sponsors reserves the right to seek damages from any personwho makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or alteredare void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by anindividual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall bedetermined by Sponsors in its sole discretion, and Sponsors reserves the rightto disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusingany aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WCSC-TV 5and the other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotionalmaterials and that WCSC-TV 5 may release entrant's personally identifiableregistration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. WCSC-TV is notresponsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by theother Sponsors.
3. Prizes. There are a total of ten (10) prizes. Oneprize will be awarded each weekday Monday, August 19, 2013 until Friday, August30, 2013. Each prize consists of one (1) $100 preloaded gift card redeemable atKangaroo Express. Retailer restrictions and expiration dates may apply.
4. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, orassigned. No prize can be auctioned or sold. Sponsors reserve the right tosubstitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will beawarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. One winner will be chosenat random each day of the contest from all valid entries. Winners will benotified by text message. Winners can pick up their prize at WCSC-TV5 2126Charlie Hall Blvd Charleston, SC 29414. Prizes will not be mailed.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the daily prizedepend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's licensewith current address or other appropriate picture identification is required toclaim a prize. The winner and/or any other persons necessary will be requiredto execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility. Winner must takepossession of his or her prize before 530pm on Friday, October 4, 2013 or theprize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and alllocal, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration feesincurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to,transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature.WCSC-TV 5 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair marketvalue of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal RevenueService. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV 5 if WCSC-TV 5 reportsany winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged forcash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name andlikeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except whereprohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges thatWCSC-TV 5, and all other Sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize andbroadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won,and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion,each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, its/their parentcompanies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers,employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action,suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with thepromotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage,loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participatingin the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize,however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rulesare subject to modification by WCSC-TV 5. In the event of a dispute, alldecisions made by WCSC-TV 5 are final and binding. Sponsors reserves the right,in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entryprocess or the operation of Sponsor's web site or who otherwise acts inviolation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserves the right, inits/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if,for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned(including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection bycomputer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized humanintervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness,integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).