Quick thinking leads to rescue of kidnapping victim

Quick thinking leads to rescue of kidnapping victim

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Investigators arrested a 33-year-old man Sunday after a woman said she was kidnapped and sexually assaulted.

The Charleston County Sheriff's Office has charged Kim Boyd of North Charleston with kidnapping.

On Sunday at 7 a.m., Charleston County deputies met with Dorchester County deputies in the area of West Fifth North Street in Summerville in reference to locating a victim who reported to emergency officials that she had been abducted from the parking lot of the Charley O's club after a disturbance broke out.

The victim said, "The lights were still off, people were still dancing, the music was still going and they were rushing people out of the club."

According to the victim when she was attempting to leave the club on 4224 Dorchester Rd., Boyd told her to get in his vehicle.

"A young man who I never seen before grabbed my hand and told me to walk with him to the car," said the victim.

The incident report stated, once the victim got in the vehicle, Boyd drove off and refused to let the victim out.

"I said I got my purse and all my stuff in this car over here. I said I got to get out and he just started the car and drove out and had me on I-26," said the victim.

The sheriff's office says Boyd drove the victim to areas in Berkeley and Dorchester counties, and sexually assaulted the victim somewhere in Berkeley County.

The victim said, "He was very jumpy, fidgety, very combative, cussing at times, making sexual gestures at me and telling me I had to do sexual favors. He just kept driving and I kept telling him no."

According to the victim she was able to call 911 and provide information which led investigators to find Boyd's vehicle and the victim.

"Of course I couldn't put the phone to my ear and talk to them because I was afraid for my life and what would happen. I just held the phone down and gave points of origin to where I was going."

Boyd was arrested and charged with kidnapping and locked up at the Sheriff Al Cannon Detention Center. He was given a $25,000 bond on Monday.

The sheriff's office says they responded to Charley O's in reference to the initial disturbance at 4:15 a.m., but were unable to confirm what type of disturbance happened at the club.

Authorities are continuing the investigation.

Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.