Quantcast

Fire officials: Downtown apartment fire started in bedroom - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Fire officials: Downtown apartment fire started in bedroom

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

Officials with the Charleston Fire Department say a Monday night downtown fire started in a bedroom.

Battalion Chief Mike Julazadeh said one person and a child were displaced by the fire that happened at an apartment on President Street. The Red Cross is assisting the victims.

In addition, a nearby apartment sustained minor water damage.

Julazadeh says no ruling has been made yet on the cause of the fire.

Firefighters responded to the apartment just before 8 p.m. Monday night.

Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly