LADSON, SC (WCSC) - One woman is being assisted by the American Red Cross after a her mobile home was destroyed by fire this morning in Ladson.
The fire sparked at the home in the Ryefield Mobile Home Park on Miami Street.
The Red Cross was called out to the scene at 1 a.m. Friday to provide financial assistance for lodging, food, and clothing, and gave a comfort kit containing personal hygiene items.
On average the American Red Cross, Palmetto SC Region responds to a disaster every 6.5 hours. Since January 1, 2013, the Palmetto SC Region has responded to the needs of 1,141 families and 3,556 individuals affected by disaster.
We will continue to follow this developing story.