Quantcast

Microwave apparently starts fire at N. Charleston hotel - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Microwave apparently starts fire at N. Charleston hotel

Posted: Updated:
NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A microwave apparently started a fire in a room at the Masters Inn in North Charleston on Tuesday.

According to North Charleston Fire Department Public Information Officer Bianca Bourbeau, the fire at the hotel at 6100 Rivers Avenue started around 10:45 a.m. 

The first crews to arrive on scene saw smoke coming from one room.  Once inside, Bourbeau said firefighters saw a microwave "with no extension into the building" burning in the room. 

Firefighters are still looking to make sure the fire didn't spread elsewhere, according to Bourbeau.

Copyright 2013 WCSC.  All rights reserved.
Powered by WorldNow