Toddler called hero after alerting family to stovetop fire

BATESVILLE, AR (KAIT) - BATESVILLE, AR (KAIT) – It's apparently never too early to learn fire prevention.

Last fall, the Batesville Fire Department visited a preschool class to teach the young students about what to do during a fire, and the lessons apparently stuck to the three year olds.

When a small fire started on the stove last week, now four-year-old Bentley Hughes knew to call for help. Because of his quick thinking, Hughes' great-grandmother put out the fire before the flames got too big, likely preventing a lot of damage.

Will DuPree profiles the toddler whom many are now calling a hero, coming up tonight on Region 8 News at 6 & 10 p.m.

Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.