CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The Charleston Fire Department and the City of Charleston have new routes this year for the 2013 Holiday Parade in Downtown Charleston Sunday afternoon.
The parade will begin at 2:00 p.m. and will start on Broad Street at Barre Street, travel North on King Street, and conclude on Calhoun Street at Meeting Street.
The City of Charleston Holiday Parade offers a great opportunity to bring the community together and appreciate the joy that comes along with the Holiday season.
This year's special guest is Santa Claus. Santa Claus will be featured at the rear of the Parade and will be delivered to Marion Square at the conclusion of the Parade.
Santa Claus will be available in Marion Square following the parade for photos.
Street closures are listed below.
All streets are projected to reopen by 4:00 PM.
• Barre Street beginning at 11:00 AM.
• Lockwood Boulevard south of Beaufain Street at 11:00 AM
• Broad Street between Lockwood Boulevard and Barre Street at 11:00 AM.
• Ashley Avenue between Broad Street and Beaufain Street at 11:00 AM.
• Broad Street, King Street, Calhoun Street and adjacent streets will begin to close at 1:00 PM.
• Access to Sergeant Jasper Apartments at 310 Broad Street will remain open until 1:30 PM.
Following the parade, the areas noted below will be closed to facilitate the breakdown and disbursement of parade participants:
• Meeting Street between Charlotte Street and Calhoun Street.
• Henrietta Street between Meeting Street and Elizabeth Street.
• Calhoun Street between Meeting Street and Washington Street.
• Washington Street between Charlotte Street and Calhoun Street.
Parking will be prohibited on the following streets the day of the Parade and towing will be enforced:
• Calhoun Street between King Street and East Bay Street.
• King Street between John Street and Broad Street.