Quantcast

Food catches fire after power returns on Magnolia Road - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Food catches fire after power returns on Magnolia Road

Posted: Updated:
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

Officials with the St. Andrews Fire Department say Tuesday morning's power outage played a role in a fire on Magnolia Road.

According to officials, smoke was seen coming from the eaves of a home on Magnolia Road near Live Oak Drive around 11 a.m. Crews arrived to find a small fire in the home's kitchen.

Authorities say the homeowner was cooking breakfast when the power went out. She then left work, but did not remove her food from the stove. When the power came back on, the food caught on fire.

Charleston Fire Department and St. Andrews Fire Department were both called to the scene. 

No injuries were reported, and one dog was rescued.

Copyright 2014 WCSC. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow