CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Members of a national organization that supports victims of clergy abuse is demanding that the Charleston Catholic Diocese post photos of priests accused of convicted of abuse on their website.
Members of SNAP, The Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests protested outside the Diocese offices Tuesday morning.
Barbara Dorris was six years old when she was allegedly abused.
"Father said he had been sent by God to save my soul because I was an evil child, and he raped me," Dorris said.
Bob Tomassetti says he was twenty when he was allegedly abused by an army priest in Vietnam.
"I knew he wasn't God's representative. He was an evil, evil man," Tomassetti said.
"We need to find ways to warn parents and that's one of the things we're asking this bishop, warn the people," said Dorris.
Dorris says right now, the only place to find names and photos of priests convicted or accused of sexual abuse is on a website www.bishopaccountability.org.
"You need to post the photos. You need to say where are they now? Where are have they been working, so the victims can come forward and begin to heal," she said.
We reached out to the Diocese for a response to SNAP's demands.
In a statement, spokesperson Maria Aselage said, " The Diocese is one member of the entire community that is charged with the responsibility of protecting children. Posting the name of a deceased priest does not contribute to this effort."
Aselage also said when the diocese receives an accusation against a living priest, officials give the name of the priest to police.
The two protestors are hoping their voices will eventually be heard and put into action by the bishop.
"I want to make sure that it doesn't happen to others, especially children," Tomassetti said.