COLUMBIA, SC (WCSC) - The Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina Foundation has awarded nearly $5 million worth of grants to organizations throughout the state during its latest grant cycle, including to multiple organizations here in the Lowcountry.
According to a release, more than $4.89 million in grants were awarded to health care-related organizations serving uninsured and underinsured people around the state.
Recipients of the recent grants include:
- SC Thrive
- East Cooper Community Outreach
- S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control
- LiveWell Greenville/YMCA of Greenville
- S.C. Coastal Conservation League
- Healthy Smiles of Spartenburg
- Area Churches Together Serving
- Communities in Schools of Charleston Area
The foundation has two grant cycles each year. The recent grant cycle brings the total amount of grants awarded in 2013 to more than $7 million, according to Harvey Galloway, the foundation's executive director.