Quantcast

Propane torch causes house fire at Summerville neighborhood - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Propane torch causes house fire at Summerville neighborhood

SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCSC) -

Fire officials say a man using a propane torch was the cause of a house fire in Summerville Friday morning.

According to the Old Fort Fire Department, a man was using the torch at a home on Bacons Bridge Road when it accidentally caused the house go up in flames around 11 a.m.

Red Cross officials say the fire displaced a family of two adults.

Authorities say the house suffered major damage due to the blaze.

The Red Cross is helping the family find temporary housing and supplies.

Copyright 2014 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly