Quantcast

Electrical failure leads to Downtown house fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Electrical failure leads to Downtown house fire

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The City of Charleston Fire Department says an electrical failure caused a Downtown house fire early Saturday morning.
According to officials, the fire happened in the area of South and Hanover Streets, just after midnight.

Officials say the fire started in a first floor bedroom.  Four people were in the home, and were able to exit safely.

Firefighters say the fire started near a television cabinet in the bedroom and spread, causing heavy fire damage.  The rest of the house sustained some heat and smoke damage.

Copyright 2014 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly