Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twenty-five of the world's premier collections of impressionist art are featured in a new article on Best Liberal Arts Colleges' free web guide
PHILADELPHIA, May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The world's 25 most outstanding collections of impressionist art are named in a new article on the educational website Best Liberal Arts Colleges. "The 25 Most Amazing Collections of Impressionist Painting and Sculpture" features notable art galleries across the globe, including private and public art museums as well as university and college collections. The new article is meant to help users appreciate the influence and importance of fine arts in liberal arts education.
The feature describes each of the 25 art collections in close detail along with accompanying photos of artworks found in the galleries. Institutions named in the piece include art galleries and museums in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Boston, Chicago, Denver and many other locations worldwide.
"The collections were chosen for their influence on the artistic landscape as well as their scope of contents, subject matter and artistic techniques represented," said editor Andrea Harper.
According to information provided by the Association of Academic Museums and Galleries (AAMG), campus art collections provide great academic value to their host colleges and universities as well as to the surrounding communities. The purpose of the Best Liberal Arts Colleges website is to assist undergraduates who are researching liberal arts education. Its newest article about 25 impressionist galleries is available now for free at: http://www.bestliberalartscolleges.org/25-amazing-collections-impressionist-painting-sculpture/
Following is the complete list of 25 of the most amazing collections of impressionist painting and sculpture in the world, according to Best Liberal Arts Colleges.
1. Barnes Foundation: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2. The Davies Sisters Collection, National Museum Cardiff: Cardiff, UK
3. The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art: Washington, D.C.
4. Museum of Modern Art: New York City
5. Tate Britain: London, England
6. Milwaukee Art Museum: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
7. Frederic C. Hamilton Collection, Denver Art Museum: Denver, Colorado
8. Courtauld Gallery, University of London: London, England
9. The Art Institute of Chicago, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago: Chicago, Illinois
10. Musee Rodin: Paris, France
11. Corcoran Gallery of Art, Corcoran College of Art and Design and George Washington University: Washington, D.C.
12. Musee de l'Orangerie: Paris, France
13. J. Paul Getty Museum: Los Angeles, California
14. Shelburne Museum: Shelburne, Vermont
15. Museum of Fine Arts Boston, School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston: Boston, Massachusetts
16. The Metropolitan Museum of Art: New York City
17. Kimbell Art Museum: Dallas, Texas
18. National Gallery: London, England
19. The Phillips Collection: Washington, D.C.
20. The National Museum of Western Art: Tokyo, Japan
21. Musee Marmottan Monet: Paris, France
22. The Sterling and Francine Clark Institute: Williamstown, Massachusetts
23. Musee d'Orsay: Paris, France
24. The Fogg Museum, Harvard University: Cambridge, Massachusetts
25. Norton Simon Museum: Pasadena, California
About: Best Liberal Arts Colleges is an online collection of articles, features and rankings for U.S. schools with liberal arts degrees. The site is a one-stop guide to top liberal arts colleges and online degree programs.
Contact: Andrea Harper
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.