Quantcast

Report: Two Union dogs die from antifreeze poisoning - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Report: Two Union dogs die from antifreeze poisoning

Posted: Updated:
Cocoa the lab (L) and Shiloh the Beagle. (Courtesy: Donna Crocker) Cocoa the lab (L) and Shiloh the Beagle. (Courtesy: Donna Crocker)
Donna Crocker with one of her surviving dogs, Sandy. (July 18, 2014/FOX Carolina) Donna Crocker with one of her surviving dogs, Sandy. (July 18, 2014/FOX Carolina)
UNION, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Two Upstate pet owners are mourning the loss of their dogs after both died from anti-freeze poisoning, according to deputies.

On Thursday, Union County deputies were contacted by Donna Crocker who had to put her chocolate lab down after it ingested antifreeze.

According to deputies, the dog ran off Monday then showed back up Thursday, very sick and barely breathing.

When Crocker took her dog to the vet, the doctor said it had ingested the poison, deputies said.

Deputies said Crocker told her daughter-in-law who lives next door what happened, who said her Beagle died Monday from the same thing.

According to deputies, neither knew who may have wanted to poison the dogs and no antifreeze was found lying around the property, which is located off of Crockers Campground Road in a wooded area where there are only the two homes.

According to the deputy's report, they though it could have been hunters in the woods but did not have any proof.

Anyone with information on what may have happened should call the Union County Sheriff's Office.

Copyright 2014 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow