CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - It could be money from a utility deposit or a rental deposit. It might even be money from an insurance company or a retirement investment.
When a company owes someone money but can't find that person, after a certain length of time, they're required to turn those funds to the State Treasurer's Office.
If your name is in the agency's database, you may have Unclaimed Cash!
This week, the state treasurer is looking for the people listed below, who have unclaimed cash waiting for them.
If your name is listed below, make note of the property identification number listed, then click the link below to begin the process of claiming Unclaimed Cash.
- Orlee Smalls - Saint George #1010567
- Maude Carloss - Summerville #2704804
- Prudence M. Hall - Walterboro #2235645
- Olivia H. Blakely - Kingstree #1417936
- Darlene A. Fulton - Cades #1377720
- Gloria D. Sineath - Mt. Pleasant #2589722
- Flora Lee P. Campbell - Charleston #1503636
- James E. Ledbetter - Isle Of Palms #1438650
- Shirley Taylor - Wadmalaw Island #892973
- Newell S. Langdale - Hanahan #1538618
The process of claiming those funds begins at the State Treasurer's Office website:
. For more information, you can call the State Treasurer's Office at (803) 737-4771.