CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - North Charleston Fire Department officials say emergency crews put out a fire at the Al Cannon Detention Center Tuesday evening.
Authorities say crews responded around 5:56 p.m. for a fire alarm and reports of a fire at the detention center on Leeds Avenue.
Firefighters from North Charleston, Charleston and St. Andrews Fire departments found a clothes dryer that was on fire in the jail.
According to NCFD officials, firefighters quickly extinguished the fire with a fire extinguisher and proceeded to help with smoke removal in the building.
There was no damage except to the dryer, and no reported injuries.