(WCSC) - South Carolina is known affectionately for many things, but not when it comes to driving.
A study shows the Palmetto State is tied with Montana for the worst drivers in the country.
If that's not bad enough, SC is the state with the highest fatality rate due to vehicle accidents.
This report was released Wednesday night by a website called, Carinsurancecomparison.com. It's a resource for people to compare the feature of different insurance companies.
The study ranks states based on a score system that includes:
- Fatalities Rate per 100 Million Vehicle Miles Traveled
- Failure to Obey (Percentage of Fatal Crashes that involved Traffic Signals, Not Wearing Seat Belts, and Driving with an Invalid Driver License)
- Drunk Driving (Percentage of Fatal Crashes that Involved Alcohol)
- Speeding (Percentage of Driving Fatalities that were Speed-Related)
- Careless Driving (Pedestrian & Bicyclist Fatalities per 100,000 Population)
To see the full report, click here.