NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A missing Easley man who had last been seen in the Lowcountry on New Year's Eve has been found safe, authorities say.
The 80-year-old, who suffers from Alzheimer's Disease, was located in Conway, according to Anderson Co. Sheriff's Capt. Garland j. Major, Jr. The man was said to be in good condition but a little disoriented and dehydrated.
The man's girlfriend had notified Anderson County authorities after he did not return from a trip to the store on New Year's Eve.
She told authorities she had received a phone call from a gas station employee in North Charleston, some 200 miles from his home, who said he was there and said he was lost. His girlfriend told her to urge him to check into a hotel for the night, but that no one had seen him since, the incident report states.
It is unclear who found him or how he was located, but the South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division issued an endangered person advisory late Friday afternoon and canceled it, reporting he had been found, approximately 90 minutes later.