NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Bond has been set at $600,000 for the 45-year-old accused triggerman of a North Charleston drive-by shooting that left one man injured.
North Charleston police say Guma Oz Dubar turned himself in at North Charleston City Hall Monday afternoon. He was charged with attempted murder and possession of a firearm during a violent crime.
North Charleston police were dispatched to the 2300-block of Beech Avenue shortly before 3 p.m. where they found one male victim wounded in the lower leg.
According to court affidavits, witnesses say Dubar pulled up in a black Ford Excursion, got out the vehicle and yelled the victim's name to get his attention, and fired approximately three gunshots at him. The victim was struck in his right leg.
The victim told police he had been working on his van when the gunman called him by name and then fired when the victim turned around.
An affidavit states the victim and a witness were able to identify the shooter by the nickname "Cab Man."
Both witnesses said the shooter may have been a former business partner of the victim, the incident report states. One witness told police the two had been arguing earlier in the week.
The weapon used was described as an automatic handgun, possibly a 9mm, the report states.
Dubar is being held at the the Charleston County Detention Center.