It may be Mardi Gras in New Orleans but the spirit of the festivities is now in the Lowcountry.
Starting Monday and continuing through the weekend, Folly Beach is celebrating the 8th Annual FollyGras.
The week of activities include:
- LundiGras - Monday, Feb. 16 at the Grill and Island Bar, 41 Center St. from 5-9 p.m.
- Fat Tuesday Block Party - Tuesday, Feb. 17 at Jack of Cups, Drop In Deli, Planet Follywood and The Crab Shack, from 5 p.m. until midnight.
- Ash Wednesday Cochon deLait - Wednesday, Feb. 18 at Rita's Seaside Grille, 2 Center St., from 5-9 p.m.
- Feast Day Cochon deLait - Thursday, Feb. 19 at Loggerhead's Beach Grill, 123 West Ashley Ave., from 5-9 p.m.
- FollyGras Masquerade Ball - Friday, Feb. 20 at the Tides Hotel, 1 Center St., from 7-11 p.m.
- FollyGras Parade & Street Party - Saturday, Feb. 21 on Center Street from noon until 5 p.m.
The Masquerade ball takes place on Friday night from 7 p.m. until 11 p.m. and will feature a cash bar and light hors d'oeuvres. Organizers say they will give awards for best guy costume, best gal costume and best couple costume. Tickets for the event, which will be held at the Tides Hotel, are on sale for $25.
The FollyGras Parade and Street Party Festival includes local food vendors, kids' activities and live music.
Guests are invited to wear their most festive costumes and bring their beads. Entry for the street party is free.
For more information about the event: VisitFolly.com.