CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Students at West Ashley School returned to class after a fire alarm led to an evacuation.
A fire alarm sounded at 12:15 p.m., according to school spokesman Donnie Newton. The alarm was caused by an electrical room sensor being clouded by dust that was being blown by the custodians, Newton said.
The Charleston Fire Department responded and conducted a thorough check of the building before determining it was safe for students to return to class.
Classes have since resumed as scheduled, Newton said.