Quantcast

CFD: Woman suffers burns in home kitchen fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

CFD: Woman suffers burns in home kitchen fire

Photo Source: AP Photo Source: AP
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

One woman was burned when she tried to remove a pan of cooking oil that caught fire, Charleston Fire authorities say.

Units with the Charleston and St. Andrews Fire Departments responded Sunday afternoon to a home on Humphrey Court. First responders began treating the victim who had burn injuries to her right arm and right leg, according to Charleston County Fire Department spokesperson Ryan Kunitzer.

Fire investigators say the woman began heating cooking oil and left the kitchen, then returned to see the pan on fire. She tried to remove the pan from the home and grease splashed on her causing the injury, Kunitzer said. 

He said a neighbor was able to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher prior to the fire department's arrival.

The victim was transported to an area hospital for treatment.

Copyright 2015 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly