CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Calhoun Street has been reopened following a gas leak.
Charleston police say the gas leak was near Meeting and Anson streets, and has since been repaired.
On Tuesday morning, crews responded to a ruptured gas line in front of the Mother Emanuel AME Church.
The gas leak was caused when construction crews working in that area dug into a line, according to the utility.
Dispatch says the leak was called in at 8:13 a.m. The Charleston Fire Department also responded.
Buildings in the immediate area were not evacuated.